Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Power!

It's so nice to have power again! We lost it Sunday afternoon about 3:30 when a bunch of storms came through. It then came back on about 10:00 Monday morning.

Kids are on their last day and a half of school. Things are piling up around here and I'm about half crazy trying to keep up.

I got myself busy with cakes right now. I did one last week for a friend's son since they gave Rachel a loft bed last month. I'm working on 6 sheet cakes for a wedding this weekend. Stephen's birthday is next Tuesday and a friend is throwing a baby shower when we are going to be in Ohio. She wanted me to do it so much that it is baked and in the freezer right now. I'll pull it out next week in time to decorate it before leaving for Ohio. You should all know though that I do know how to say NO though. I had someone ask me about a cake for next Monday (just before Stephen's) and I told her I couldn't.

Of course, this is also when the heat and humidity kicks in. I'm committed to having the stove on and summer comes in full steam! At least the wedding cake isn't a tier that has flowers haning off the sides. This reception is being done "open house" style. It is from 12-3 at the bride's parents house. The bride and groom are more interested in the sundaes they are going to be eaten than cake but the parents insisted they had to have cakes too.

Well, Joshua and I are off to the store to do the shopping for the cakes.