Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Catch up

Guess it's time to get everyone caught up on our happenings around here. We had a BALL riding the jet ski's that I mentioned before. The kids even had a chance to ride on a tube behind the jetski. Except for bit of a spill toward the end, it was great! The water was even rather warm for being in MI.

I'm back to having daycare kids again. They are all back from vacation and getting prepared for school. The kids start back exactly 1 week from today. Rachel has spent most of the month of August trying to find out who will be in her class. This year she will be with Sarah, a daycare girl, and Hannah, a friend from church. I hope this works out well.

We also went to the wedding of Rachel's 4th grade teacher. It was really nice and we got to see quite a few from the school there. Rachel's 5th grade teacher for this year was a bridesmaid as well as another one of the 4th grade teacher. Stephen's teachers for this year were also in attendance.

Mark's work is keeping him beyond busy! He has been putting in close to 60 hours most weeks. He'll have in at least 30 by the end of today already. The office is starting to slow down but they are short 2 workers so besides keeping up with all usual work, he has been busy interviewing perspective help. They hope to have the positions filled by the end of the week. The kids and I even took dinner out and had it at his office last night so we could be with him for a while.

At least Rachel & Joshua & I did. Stephen is now in Alpena with Gramma. They left on Tuesday just after Stephen's occupational therapy appointment. They made it safely and Stephen is getting to go to 2 VBS's in Alpena this week.

Today I will be going out to the school to fill out forms. Then tomorrow we meet with Rachel's teacher. Since we met with Stephen's teacher on Monday, that means 3 trips in one week. I guess I'm getting back into the school routine myself. I'm ready for school to start but I also can't quite figure out where the summer went!?

Enough for now. I'll try not to be so long between postings but can't promise.