Tuesday, September 04, 2007

School's IN!!!!!!!!

Well, the children are all off to their first day of a new school year! This will be the first year that they are ALL in school ALL day! Now I just have to figure out where to start at. Note that I didn't say "What to do with myself". I have plenty to do. It is just what order to do it all in. I'm also trying to arrange my priorities so that on days I don't have to pick up kids, I don't need the car. That will save on gas as well as time. Getting this family around with 1 vehicle is a real trick sometimes.
Rachel has her first "real" babysitting job starting tonight. It will be every other Tuesday evening for a little 6 yr. old girl and 3 yr. old boy. They are niece & nephew of some good friends of ours. It is only a few blocks from home and the kids will actually be in bed almost half of the time she is there. She is really excited about it.
I made her start "weening" herself off the crutches starting on Sunday. Her ankle is much better but did start bothering her when we did some last minute school shopping yesterday afternoon. She was able to start school without them today, except she did wrap her ankle for a little support. I think she rather likes the extra attention she gets with it.
Well, today is only a half day so I better get busy and not waste this time. But I also had to take a minute and enjoy the peace and quiet.

No comments: