Thursday, March 03, 2005

Car

Well, it turns out the there were several broken wires on the car there were causing the headlights not to work. Sounds cheap right? Wrong. It was only $30 cheaper than if he had replaced the switch which is what the machanic thought was the problem. That's the good news...

The bad news is that the mechanic also found that the fuel regulator is leaking and we have a gasket leaking antifreeze. I don't suppose I have any big brothers or nephews wanting a trip to West MI? $1000 is a little out of our price range right now. So now that we have working headlights we will be parking the car till we can figure out what to do. (The fuel that is leaking from the regulator is in/near the engine so it makes for a major safety issue.) Our next step is to talk to some guys from church that have helped with minor repairs before. I looked in the Haynes manual and the fuel regulator doesn't look too bad to work on. I couldn't seem to find the head gasket though. It really bothers Mark when things like this come up. He is not very mechanically inclined. I just keep reminding him that it isn't as if he was taught this kind of stuff growing up.

I was able to make it to MOPS at church this morning. I hated leaving any early because of the good speaker we had today. She was talking about parenting children with special needs. Some of her ideas were good for all children though too. I had to leave though so I could get out to the school and do lunch duty in the kids classes.

I, however, missed a meeting that our group manager wanted to have this morning. She says that I have to pick and choose and use my time wisely. Well, her meeting wasn't put together before Tuesday and today was already booked.

Well, I have to go. More to do before I pick up the kids from school, only to leave an hour later to pick up Mark from work. By bedtime, the $20 in gas that I put in this morning will probably be used up!