Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Down

This probably isn't the best time to be blogging but I'm frustrated and don't have any place else to rant. This is a really tough time around here. It really seems like the harder we work, the further behind we get. Everytime it looks a bit brighter, it gets yanked away from us. I know that God will provide. He always does but the testing along the way is really getting rough.

Right now we have Mark's car in the shop to find out why we don't have any low beam headlights. The high beams we could get along without. It also wouldn't be bad if it was summer time and stayed light till after 9 at night but right now, some nights Mark isn't home before dark. We changed one of the bulbs ourselves, outside in the snow and dark, but that didn't help. All it did was make my husband feel worthless.

I will really be glad for tomorrow. Mark will be able to start taking his Omega-3's again. He started taking them about a year ago when we were introduced to them as a possible help for Stephen when he was struggling in school. They did help Stephen some and Mark thought he would try them. They have been amazing for him! His temperment is so much more even. He handles frustrations so much better. Without them, every little thing is completely overwhelming. He has been off them for the last week and it has been rough on us all. I was never a big believer on vitamins, etc. but these are really making a believer out of me. It is like living with 2 very different people.

There was another snow day yesterday. The kids are busy preparing for the AWANA games competition in a couple of weeks. They have practices at church 2 days a week till the 19th when they have the big games.

I'm trying to push my AVON business very hard. I now have enough recruits to make a unit. If we can get our sales to a set level, I will start making a bonus on my recruits sales. Mark and I have really come to the conclusion that AVON is the best option for us. The daycare is just not steady enough. We have had just too many problems with this. There are such great possibilities with AVON that we want to see where it can take us. Of course, this takes time. Not to mention, vehicles with headlights. I could take the van in the evenings but then we are spending so much more on gas.

We are all generally healthy. Joshua was sick last weekend. He had some kind of intestinal bug but it only lasted 24 hours. All the kids take turns coughing and a bit stuffy. I have had Rachel to the doctor twice in the last month to check her cough. They say send her to school. I have a real problem doing that when she sounds like a barking seal but they say coughs are lasting a month or more and I don't want her home that long.

Well, I guess I better go. I have to get the Advance papers ready to deliver. We'll probably do it when the kids are home from school. I like to take Joshua and do part of it during the day but that doesn't always work. Sometimes, life happens. So much for the best layed plans.

Thanks for listening to my ranting and for your prayers. As I said to begin with, we know that God will provide. It is just the waiting that can be hard.