Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Unbelievable

The last week has really been rather unbelievable. We have made 4 trips to the ER in 5 days and the one day we didn't visit the ER, we were actually upstairs admitted during that time. We have even been in the same room in the ER 3 of those trips. I think we should have our name on a plaque pretty soon.
You know about 3 of the trips already. The 4th came yesterday. It was Joshua again. His headache pain was uncontrollable. I had given him all the pain meds that I had here for him. It was so bad it was making him vomit and then we have the threat of dehydration. Mark and I took him back to the ER and they gave him something for the nausea and then also morphine. Lovely drug...really does the trick. After observing him for a while, they sent us home with him again. We were told to do more meds when we got home and then to keep him rather well medicated all day today. I really hate to give him so much meds but it is better than another ER visit and more morphine. We are also to keep him on the couch pretty much completely inactive today.
On the way home last night, we had to pick up Stephen at the friend's house where we had left him and he had his fever back again. We got home and Rachel had spent most of the evening dozing in front of the TV. She had a headache and hadn't even gotten anything to eat. Checked her forehead and sure enough, she had a fever too. So I actually have all 3 home today from school. I'm pushing the vitamins and echenachia today. Rachel is scheduled to go on the main field trip all year tomorrow. We are to leave at 5:00 a.m. for Mackinaw Island. Right now, we're saying she is going to have to be much sicker to stay home and miss this.
I have also managed to lose my cell phone during all of this and have not gotten any AVON done in the last week. Oh, and Meijer's called today. Seems the cake decorator scheduled for today called in sick. They wanted to know if I could come in. Well, I would rather be there then home right now but that isn't a possibility and that's what I told them.
Let's see, what else...oh, Mark was contacted over the weekend by a man that he has done some accounting work for on the side. He had been trying to start up a business and Mark did the work on his planning for investors. Well, we haven't heard from him in over a year and we thought that he had pretty much given up on the company. Turns out that he had a new potential investor and needed some changes to the charts that Mark had done. So Mark has been trying to do some work for him over the last couple of days too. We are all so tired that Mark was falling asleep in the ER last night.
I think that is about all our news for now. Might not be very good news but it is what is happening. Except the extra work for Mark is good news because we could use the extra income since I have missed my last 2 days I was scheduled to work.

No comments: