Friday, January 02, 2009

Holidays are over...

The holidays are done & we have enjoyed them in a nice quiet ways. Mom was here to visit from Dec. 17-22. Then Mark's mom came on 12/24 till 12/27. Other than that, it has been just our little family. I have had to work off & on throughout the holidays, including Christmas Eve but Mark has had some extra time off.
I actually started off the new year very sore. On my way into work on 12/30, I took quite a spill on some ice in the parking lot. I guess that's what I get for actually parking where I'm supposed to instead of up by the house, where I sometimes do. I went down on my back hitting back, shoulder, & head all just slightly to my right side instead of smack center. I went in & actually worked my shift after dosing up good on ibuprofen. I reported the fall before I left work then decided I better get checked out before the holiday & the weekend. The dr. put me on some weight restrictions but did clear me to work. He said that it mostly looked like muscular bruising & nothing skeletal. Since then, I haven't had to work but go back tonight. The most painful area has been my neck but even it is coming along rather well this morning. Not a fun way to finish a year or start a new one but it could have been worse.
The kids go back to school on Monday. They got an extra day of vacation as they had a snow day on Dec. 19. The teachers were evidently really hoping for the snow day as most of them starting talking about it on Wed. that week & most of them did they fun party type activities on Thurs. I don't know what they would have done if the snow hadn't come.
We were late getting our Christmas decorations out but I think we'll try to get them down before the kids return to school. The schedule will be hectic again in just a few days so better to do it while I have the help.
Well, Rachel is wanting the computer & there is plenty waiting to get done around here. Hope you all had great holidays!

No comments: