Thursday, July 14, 2005

Busy day

Rachel is off to Lake Ann Baptist Camp this week. Her friend, and a day care girl, Sarah is also gone. Sarah is actually gone for the next month as she is staying with her godmother after her week at camp. This means just 2 days of daycare kids this week, Wed. & Thurs.

We had a couple of busy days. I had all of the ones here help me with the Advance newspapers yesterday. I wanted to get them done before it was too hot and they were calling for rain in the afternoon.

Since they helped with work yesterday, we had a fun day today. The Ford museum was celebrating Ford's birthday today so it was free admission and then birthday cake for the first 500 people. I didn't figure that we would be there very long but we had quite a surprise when we came in the door. There is a travelling display about sports. Right inside the door there was Rusty's #2 car and a #94 McDonald's car of Bill Elliott's. Boy was Stephen thrilled!

After that we went to the zoo for a free zoo day! It was busy! We had to park way out in a field. There was an inflatable slide that looked like the Titanic before we ever got in. Then there were cookies to decorate right inside the gate. We went through the zoo and did some of the extras, like face painting, but not all of them. Stephen was a bit disappointed because there weren't any real koalas as part of the Australian trail exhibit that they have for the summer. It was almost 2 before we got home. Joshua was exhausted! This was a big day for him since his recovery from mono. I had Selena keep him awake on the way home so he would eat lunch and take a nap for me.

I finally put my Avon order in about 3:00 today. It was actually good that I was late putting it in because I had a call to place a $30 order from a new customer just before I put it in.

Gavin & Selena were picked up early and now I need to get busy cleaning up the kitchen. Then I have a meeting tonight. Just another typical day!