Wednesday, July 27, 2005

We're fine!

I know I haven't written anything lately. Have been extremely busy & with the heat we've had lately, I try not to spend too much time on the computer. Not to mention, everytime I sit down to write I have 3 kids asking to play on the computer too.

Rachel is home from Lake Ann Baptist Camp and should be home for the rest of the summer. And I don't have any daycare kids for most of 2 weeks so I guess you call this my "vacation".

Last week was crazy! I worked Tuesday & Thursday evenings at the Berlin Fair for our AVON booth. I didn't get any recruits on the spot but did get some to follow up on. I also will have plenty of customers to follow up with too. Mark always works late on Monday but also did on Wednesday this last week because of lots of work to get caught up on and being short handed. My 2 daycare kids were here on Wed. & Thursday. I took everyone to deliver the Advance paper on Wed. so we could be done before the heat got unbearable. I helped sign up a new recruit with one of my downline on Friday and took Stephen for a well-child visit that afternoon.

This last weekend was Mark's family reunion as well. SO in the middle of all this, I was packing to go camping for the weekend. We borrowed a couple of tents and packed everyone in the van for the trip to Gladwin. We hit a major traffic accident just 20 miles north of town. It was a parking lot for miles so we crossed the median and had to take some back roads to get around it. It was late when we got there so we set up a tent in the dark. It just fit us all for sleeping. On Saturday, we set up another tent. We used one for sleeping and one for supplies. Neither were in great shape but that's what was available so that's what we used. Sunday at 3:30-7 a.m. we got lots of rain with a thunderstorm. We all managed to stay dry but anything touching the walls got damp from water seeping through the sides. We then went out to survey the area and found a few dry clothes. Around 8, the rain let loose again and this time it was with a vengence! Anything that stayed dry overnight now got soaked! As soon as it let up, we just packed it all soaking wet and muddy in the van to get home. Since then we have had to take everything out again, clean it up and let it dry.

We pulled into town just in time for evening service at church and since it was to be a special business meeting, we were going to go even if we did look like drowned rats. I did have Mark pull over long enough so I could find a brush for my hair which hadn't seen one all day. As we pulled into the church lot we noticed a lack of cars. Turns out that the service was cancelled due to "extreme heat index". Our whole area was under a "heat index advisery" which I didn't know they ever officially issued. I really wasn't disappointed that church was cancelled so that we could get home and deal with all the wet stuff in the van.

We have basically been cleaning up ever since, with the exception of a dentist appointment for Joshua and occupational therapy for Stephen.

Today I had an appointment for possible new daycare kids. The parent actually showed up! I was pleased just by that. This would be for 2 little girls (1 & 2 years old) just every other Friday and part of the day on the same Saturdays. That would probably be about enough. I'm getting rather spoiled by having primarily older kids (Joshua being the youngest). They take less work and you can do more things with them. This would also leave plenty of time for doing AVON during the day when school starts.

That should about get everyone caught up on life here. If the weather stays cool hopefully I can get on more. I could have the whole summer like our weather today. It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all!