Friday, July 29, 2005

Quiet evening

We're just sitting here relaxing for an evening. Mark actually came in right after 5:00 tonight. Yesterday it was only about 6:00 when he came home. These are the first evenings he has been home all week before the kids went to bed. Last night I actually sent him to bed when the kids went. They all went up stairs at the same time. It probably won't be much past that again tonight. He actually has to work again tomorrow.

It has actually been rather quiet around here this week. I've been doing some AVON but then have also been working to try to organize our attic.

I don't remember if I mentioned it but Mark and the boys worked hard to clean up the house while I was in Alpena over the Fourth of July getting Rachel. This meant putting anything sitting out in the hall or in bedrooms into the attic.

With these nice cool days and no daycare kids, it seems the perfect time to do these. All our hand-me-downs and garage sale clothes that I have stored in the attic have gotten out-of-control. A bag here, a box there, and some for each child in each container. I'm trying to sort through and get them organized again. I actually found some more shorts for each of the boys today that they should have been wearing this summer. I just barely scratched the surface but hope to be able to get through it before I have a full house of kids again.

I may not be much of a blogger but next week I'm going to be helping a friend get one started. Our friends, the Shepherd's, have accepted a pastor position out in Wyoming. (This means that Joshua will be losing his best freind, Jake, in about 6 weeks.) I suggested they need to start one to let all of their family and friends here in GR keep updated on their lives. She took a look at ours and thought it a neat idea. She asked me to show her how to do it next week. It may take some e-mails to Big Brother, Nate but I'll start her out best I can.

That's about it from our end.