Monday, November 21, 2005

Change

This weekend has been the most frustrating in quite some time. We finally decided to change to DSL since we could get a deal where it was actually cheaper than our current dial up. SBC assured my husband that running our church prayer chain through it would not be a problem. WRONG! Seems you can only send email to 100 people in an hours time. We have 125 addresses on our list. Do you see a problem here? It has taken 3 phone calls and TOO MANY hours to count to try to get all the adjustments made. I still don't know if we are completely functional!

Browsing the internet is wonderful! The speed is great! It is also a nice little marvel everytime the phone rings while we are browsing. But this transfer is about to get the better of me. I really had a lot more planned to spend my time on than having to reenter all 125 addresses a second time into MS Outlook. Supposedly, this is a way to send as many emails as I want without SBC realizing it is more than 100 at a time. The problem now is that I have requested Outlook to send out a test email twice and it still shows up in the outbox as not mailed. But I think I'm getting error messages from having sent it.

The transfer of email addresses didn't go right. The notifications, well, I had someone tell me they got 8 of them! Now I know why we waited so long to switch. It is frustrations like this that really emphasize why people hate change so much. I was looking forward to this upgrade but now I'm just too tired to care.

Hope my Big Brother who hates AOL is happy! Just wish you were closer to help with all the frustrations of putting in the ethernet port, hooking up the DSL, and all the other little glitches that keep coming up.