Monday, January 30, 2006

Grease monkey

Mark and I were able to do something this weekend we feel rather good about. His car was in desperate need of new spark plugs and wires. For a tune up from the garge it was going to cost us over $200. After reading through the repair manual we decided we could probably do it ourselves. Mark has done some on other cars but not this one and not in a long time.

We bought all the needed items on Saturday evening after he got out of work and then did the work Sunday afternoon. As most car work does, it took both of us working together. I spent a good portion of the time under the car reaching up to work with the wires and coils while Mark took care of the plugs themselves. They were really bad! Fortunately, the weather was in the mid to upper 30's so it wasn't terribly cold. It was rather rainy though and the car was wet so I did get a little dripped on as well as having the floor wet.

The important thing though is that it worked! And we are rather pleased with the money we saved and that we didn't have to call our friend from church to have him do it.

I just kept thinking about what would my customers say if they saw their AVON rep under a car with grease up to her elbows? But I was back to clean and presentable in time for the evening service at church.

I still have a ton of things needing my attention so I better get at them. I just had to let you know about our accomplishment this weekend.