Monday, January 09, 2006

Records

Have you heard about our weather records we have set recently? We went 15 days without registering even a single minute of sunshine! This tied the previous record. We have also gone 47 days with some form of measureable precipitation (rain or snow, some days both) each day! This record is way longer than the last one and is still going on! This has given us the distinction of being "The Cloudiest Place on Earth"! Oh yeah! I really could have lived without that label for my entire life! Fortunately, we actually saw some very strange yellow light (called sunshine) yesterday, at least briefly, not that it is back today though.

We had a rather busy weekend. Christmas is almost put away now. All that is left is a couple of shirts to get washed and I was waiting for the cups that were in the dishwasher. Now we can finish the last box. This also meant that the floors were able to be swept. We also got Rachel's picture's taken at Walmart. Everyone, except me, lined up for me to cut their hair. It was back to a normal schedule at church. (Teaching the 2-3 year olds, I can tell you they are struggling getting back into the routine.) And Stephen got to see a lot of the wild card games.

Stephen is starting to really get into football. It is somewhat of a crossover interest. He most likes the Washington Redskins. This is because Joe Gibbs is coaching there and owns his favorite NASCAR team at the same time, Tony Stewart. But I think it has been very good for him to learn more about football. That is what a lot of the boys at school play and he is better able to talk and participate more with them since he is learning the sport more.

Rachel spent her birthday money this weekend on the new American Girl movie "Felicity". We gave her the other one "Samantha" for her birthday. She really likes the stories and as long as they are the historical ones, we'll let her watch and read them. I joined the crowd that overwhelmed the American Girl company with emails when I found out about them being linked with Girls, Inc. with the "I Can" bracelet. I know my daughter is growing up but I don't need them educating her on homosexuality or abortion. I have inspected her last 2 catalogs that have come from them before letting her have it and the bracelet and all reference to "Girls, Inc." have been removed.

You might begin to see some different posts on here. Rachel & Stephen have asked if they could start their own blogs but Mark & I aren't too sure about that. Instead, we have suggested that they are more than welcome to start blogging here. This is the family site so it seemed a good place to start. We'll see how that goes.