Monday, March 27, 2006

Buck's gone

I know I usually write about what our family is up to but just had to take a minute to make sure that everyone had seen the news: Buck Owens died on Saturday. I'm bummed. Just saying the names brings back so many memories. I can't believe it but I have actually seen that they are putting seasons of Hee Haw out on DVD. I think that would be a rather fun collection to have.

Well, I am rather overwhelmed this week and have been for a while. Mark's mom and dad were here over the weekend. Rachel participated in the Awana games on Saturday and our team took third place. (Stephen was an alternate because we had too many boys.) I'm busy with Avon, taxes, sending out info to his family about their family reunion this year, and packing. The kids and I will be leaving next Monday to spend spring break in Alpena so that the contractors can come in and put in the new windows and do the inside painting. I have to have everything in the house 5 feet from any work area, which means every window. Fortunately, they have given us some exceptions to the 5 foot rule such as our waterbed but we have lots of windows so this is a lot of work. This also means any other valuables in the house need packed and out of sight. What a major case of "spring cleaning" we are attempting to do!

Gotta run. I hope to be able to blog again before we leave but am not promising. Maybe I can use mom's computer to do an update while I'm up there. I'll have to be on her computer to place an Avon order anyway.