Monday, January 10, 2005

busy

See why I thought I needed a blog site to keep everyone updated on our lives? I told you that I might be too busy to post very often. Life has just been going full steam this last week.

The kids had a snow day last Thursday. Mark and I had an appointment so we had to find someone to watch 3 kids instead of 1 at the last minute. The appointment lasted longer than expected so that ended up being most of the day.

Mark and I have also decided that it is time to really get our lives (home, schedules, etc.) organized. Following some advice from a church friend, we are now, "Flybabies". If you don't know what that is, you might want to check out www.flylady.net. It might seem strange that some advice and encouragement from a website could be very effective, but I think it really has. The last 3 days things have gone smoother around here and my kitchen has stayed as clean as what it usually does with a mother here!

Today, my kitchen has fallen apart a bit but I do have a bit of a reason. I spent the day on a field trip to Lansing with the 4th graders from Rachel's school. Being a charter school, it is up to parents to drive and sometimes it is tough getting enough. Not so today! We had 36 cars in the caravan with 2 adults in each car. There are only about 75 kids in the 3 classes. We toured the Capitol building and then toured Museum of MI History. The teacher in me came out and I appointed myself at the front of the group a lot because we had some wonderers that couldn't wait with the rest of us. "Stay with the group" was a concept beyond them and they thought they were in a race.

My race started after we got back to the school. I offered to bring another 4th grader home but first, Joshua needed picked up from the north end of town at a friend's house and Stephen needed picked up at the shouth end of town from a friend that had picked him up after school. Then it was drop off the other girl and head home. Fortunately, I had thought ahead and could just throw dinner in the oven.

So are you all as tired I am just by reading about it? That's just the usual craziness of our lives here!

Good night!